Tauwhare School has been providing quality education for children in this community for more than 125 years.
The following is an outline to Parents/Caregivers details of the School’s activities and to help you and your children feel at ease with us.
To achieve our aim of providing children with an excellent education, we believe that a close liaison between home and school is essential and we welcome Parent/Caregiver participation in the life of the school.
The Tauwhare Community is actively involved with the school and regularly supports it through fundraising, sporting and cultural events. The school is grateful to have excellent support from local businesses in the area as well.
- Seven Classrooms
- Multi Purpose Room – For assemblies, arts, music, culture and drama.
- Fully stocked Library
- Interactive Smartboards and networked computers in every classroom
- Computers and laptops in all classrooms
- Portable pod of netbooks for classroom use
- Sound field surround sound systems in each classroom
- Soccer and Rugby Fields
- 2 Tennis/Netball Courts. Basketball Court
- Brand new 20m Swimming Pools with Junior area
- Three Adventure Playgrounds
- Native Tree Areas. Classroom Gardens
- School bus servicing the wider area.
- Saturday sports teams – 2 Netball, 2 Rugby, 1 Hockey, 3 Soccer, 1 Teeball and 1 Softball
- Out of school classes in Guitar & Drums, Irish Dance and Singing
- Out of school swimming and tennis lessons
- Annual speech contests.
- Bi-Annual high quality musical production – no child is a tree!
- Bi-Annual Year 5-6 Outdoor Education Camp